Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So I've added new items to the To Do List...

As I mentioned a little while back, The Boy and I are one set of the Baronial Candidates.  I've decided to get started on fancy clothes now so if the time comes and Himself and I are chosen, I'm not scrambling as badly to get things done.  It allows me to spend a little more money and a little more time planning and purchasing.  Theoretically, if we were to step up, it would be at June Investiture, the Principality's step up.  We're a little worried, because no clear communication has come down from the King and Queen.  We don't know if there's any big issues going on that would take their attention away from this decision, but we're hoping they get their butts in gear soon.

Meanwhile I'm planning...

I'm hoping to do a big houppelande for The Boy, probably royal or dark blue wool, with either dagged sleeves, or bag sleeves, I'm not sure which because I want to do some pewter casting and make little falcon dangles to sew onto the left sleeve.  However, I haven't really done enough research to make decisions on it yet.  I'm not sure what underlayers I'll need, definitely a white linen undertunic and braies.  I'm thinking I might need a linen cote or jupon, but I'll need to research 1380's german to be sure.  I also don't know if I want the hose to be linen or wool.  I'm leaning towards linen because it will be June after all, and The Boy and I are rather on the insulated side.

I've got a color scheme in mind right now, but I'm not sure about it, because I was thinking dark blue and bright red, but I've already done a linen blend houp in those colors.  Maybe I'll do a set of bright yellow hose for him, so as to go with his coat of arms, but I'm not sure.  Bright yellow hose, bright red belt, blue houp?  So very primary.  I have a "trade" in the works with The Wifey and her Boy.  She has me making him a shirt to wear with his kilt at Gulf Wars this year, due in about a month.  In return for doing the sewing, they are supposed to be hunting around at Gulf Wars for a fancy new Squires Belt that I can purchase.  There aren't as many good merchants up here, and I won't be at any event that might before the potential due date of the fancy clothes.  I know in the past I've found some pretties at War that fit my imagined Squire Belt.

I'm not entirely sure what I want to make for myself.  I'm working(ish) on conflict checking my arms, and thinking about making a heraldic cote as my potential step up clothes.  I'm not committed to this idea yet, because I'm not sure if the arms will pass.  The blazon is nice and simple, but rather easy to conflict.  Azure, a fox rampant sinister argent, in base a dancetty argent.  Anything that looks like a dog conflicts with any other thing that looks like a dog.  So my white dancing fox that looks left conflicts with any light colored dog on one foot looking left.  Ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment