Thursday, January 3, 2013

Working on the Houppelande...

I'm testing a construction theory that if it works, could revolutionize the houppelande.... I realize that's kind of a silly thing to say.  Lets go with could revolutionize the recreation of the houppelande?  I'm using a lovely light weight blue wool I was gifted with years ago when I thought I would make a Cranach gown out of it. (The wool is way to thin for rolled pleats so it's better off here.)

I'm trying out this theory where the body isn't made with quarter circles, but instead multiple "gores".   I put these in quotation marks because it really isn't a gore without going into the fabric of the main body, but it's the way I've been thinking about it, since that's how I cut them out. I cut out 24 wedges from the fabric and assembled them for the main body.

I'll go into more detail later, hopefully today, but for now I need to clean up and head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment